Контроль читання з англійської мови у 3 класі за підручником “ New Let’s Learn English”
( тексти та тестові завдання до них)
Jim and Betty
Hello. My name is Jim. I live in Eastbourne. I am nine. I like reading and playing football. I have got very nice toys. My favourite toys are a spaceship and a kite. I keep them in the cupboard. I also like watching videos. After school I like playing computer games.
This is my sister, Betty. She is seven. Betty likes computer games and listening to music, too. She likes playing with her dolls. She has got two dolls. She calls them Milly and Lilly. She also has got two toy rabbits. She keeps the dolls and the rabbits on her bed.
1 1) What is the boy’s name? a) Dan;
2 2) How old is Jim? a) Nine;
3) Where does he live? a) London;
4) What does he like? a) Reading and playing football;
b) Riding a bike and swimming;
c) Drawing and playing tennis;
5) What are his favourite toys? a) A computer and a toy truck;
b) A spaceship and a kite;
c) A robot and a plane;
6) Where does Jim keep his toys? a) On the shelf;
b) Under the desk;
c) In the cupboard;
7) What is his sister’s name? a) Vicky;
8) How old is Betty? a) Eight;
9) What does Betty like? a) Computer games and listening to music;
b) Reading and drawing;
c) Helping at home and singing;
10) How many dolls does she have? a) Three;
11) What else does she have got? a) Balls;
12) Where does Betty keep her toys? a) In the cupboard;
b) On her bed;
c) In the toy box;
Keys: 1b, 2a, 3c, 4a, 5b, 6c, 7b, 8c, 9a, 10b, 11c, 12b;
At the Shopping Centre.
It’s Saturday afternoon and Tim and Tina are shopping with their mother. They go to a big shopping centre. The shopping centre is a big building outside the town. It has got many different types of shops. It has also got restaurants, snack bars and a big cinema.
Tim and Tina’s mother go to the supermarket. She buys chicken, rice and some vegetables. Then she takes the children to a sports shop. She buys a pair of trainers for Tim in the sports shop. Then they go to a book shop. Here mother buys a story book for Tina. After that they are very hungry and they all go to a fast food restaurant. Finally, mother and the children go to the cinema. They see a funny film called ‘’ My Uncle Joe”.
1) What day is it? a) Sunday;
2) What are Tim and Tina doing? a) Playing with their mother;
b) Reading with their mother;
c) Shopping with their mother;
3) Where do they go? a) To a big shopping center;
b) To a market;
c) To a shop;
4) Where is the shopping centre? a) In the centre of the town;
b) Inside the town;
c) Outside the town;
5) Where do they go at first? a) To the supermarket;
b) To the butcher’s;
c) To the baker’s;
6) Where do they go then? a) To the toy shop;
b) To the sports shop;
c) To the sweet shop;
7) What do they buy in the sports shop? a) A pair of trainers;
b) A T-shirt;
c) A tracksuit;
8) What does mother buy in the book shop? a) A magazine;
b) A book;
c) A copy-book;
9) Where do they eat? a) In the café;
b) In snack bar;
c) In the fast food restaurant;
10) Where do they go finally? a) To the cinema;
b) To the playground;
c) To the sports-ground;
11) What do they see? a) A cartoon;
b) A film;
c) A TV-programme;
Keys: 1b, 2c, 3a, 4c, 5a, 6b, 7a, 8b, 9c, 10a, 11b.
Football is the world’s most popular sport. It is a team sport. A football team has got eleven players. A team wins by scoring goals. The players must kick the ball. They try to kick the ball into the other team’s goal. Only the goal keeper can pick up the ball. The other ten players mustn’t pick up the ball. The most famous football competition is the World Cup.
Tennis is another very popular sport. The players stand in an area called a court. They stand behind a net. They hit a tennis ball to each other with a racket. The ball must go over the net. It mustn’t hit the net and it mustn’t go out of the court. In some games there are only two players. This is called singles. In other games two players play two other players. This is called doubles. The most famous tennis competition is Wimbledon. Wimbledon is in London.
Choose and write:
Team, keeper, eleven, popular, kick, famous, court, racket, another, single, doubles, behind
1) Football is the world’s most……….. sport.
2) It is a …………sport.
3) A football team has got……..players.
4) The players must……. the ball.
5) Only the goal……..can pick up the ball.
6) The most ………football competition is the World Cup.
7) Tennis is………..very popular sport.
8) The players stand in area called…….. .
9) They stand……..the net.
10) They hit a tennis ball with a …… .
11) In some games there are only two players. This is called…… .
12) In other games two players play to other players. This is called…. .
In the school holidays Jim and Joe visit Super Park with their dad. There are lots of interesting things in Super Park. There is a big roller coaster. It is very high and fast. Joe likes the roller coaster, but Jim doesn’t like it. The roller coaster is opposite the snack bar. There are swings in Super Park. The swings are next to the restaurant. Jim likes to go on the swings. There is a big swimming pool. Jim, Joe and their dad love swimming. The swimming pool is behind the zoo. The boys like the zoo. There are hippos, tigers and monkeys. There are also elephants. Jim and Joe like the elephants best. They like stroking the elephants’ trunks.
Then it is nearly time to go home. Dad and the boys go to the restaurant. Dad has a cup of tea. Joe has an ice cream and Jim has a fruit salad.
Fill in the gapes with right prepositions.
1) (On/ In) the school holidays Jim and Joe visit Super Park with their dad.
2) There are lots of interesting things (in/ into) Super Park.
3) The roller coaster is (opposite/ behind) the snack bar.
4) The swings are (near/ next to) the restaurant.
5) The swimming pool is (in front of/ behind) the zoo.
6) Dad and the boys go (to/ at) the restaurant.
An Adventure Holiday.
Last summer Don and Lilly went on an adventure holiday. They went with the scouts to South Africa. They went on treks in the mountains. They walked all day. The Weather was very hot and the mountains were very beautiful. There were lots of lovely flowers and tall trees. There were also lots of wild animals. The scouts saw deer, monkeys and giraffes.
Every afternoon the scouts made their camp. They put up their tents. Then they washed in a river. After that they collected firewood and boiled water for their dinner. Then they ate their dinner. After dinner they washed up and sat around the campfire and sang songs. They looked up at the stars. They were very tired so they went to bed.
Next day they woke up early and had breakfast. Then they walked to the next camp site.
1. Complete the sentences with the worlds from the box.
Beautiful, tall, lovely, wild, hot, adventure
1) Last summer Dan and Lilly went on an ……… holiday.
2) The weather was very….. and the mountains were very…… .
3) There were lots of …….. flowers and …….trees.
4) There were also lots of ……..animals.
Washed up, collected, made, boiled, ate, sang, sat, put up
2. Fill in the gapes with the worlds from the box.
1) Every afternoon the scouts … ..their camps.
2) They ….. their tents.
3) After that they……. firewood and …… water for their dinner.
4) Then they …. their dinner.
5) After dinner they …… and ……around the campfire and ……songs.
Yesterday it was Grandpa’s birthday so Tessa and Susie’s mother cooked a special dinner for Grandpa and Grandma. The girls helped their mother. Tessa prepared some vegetables and Susie helped Mother cook some chicken. The food smelled delicious.
Then Tessa put some fruit in a bowl. First she put some oranges in the bowl. Then she put in some strawberries. After that she put some grapes on top of the fruit in the bowl.
Susie laid the table for dinner. She put the bowl of fruit on the table. Next to the fruit bowl she put a vase of flowers and Grandpa’s birthday cake. Everything was ready.
At eight o’clock the girls heard the door open. Dad came in with Grandpa and Grandma. Then Uncle Jack, Uncle Jim and Aunt Kathy came. The whole family had a lovely meal.
After dinner, everyone sang Happy Birthday Dear Grandpa and gave him a birthday card and a present. Then in was time for the birthday cake. It was delicious. Grandpa told lots of stories and jokes. Everyone had a lovely time and the girls stayed up late.
1. Put the sentences in right order.
1) Tessa prepared some vegetables and Susie helped Mother cook some chicken.
2) Susie laid the table for dinner.
3) After dinner everyone sang Happy Birthday Dear Grandpa and gave him a present.
4) Yesterday it was Grandpa’s birthday.
5) Then Tessa put some fruit in a bowl.
6) The girls helped their mother.
7) Dad came in with Grandpa and Grandma.
8) She put the bowl of fruit on the table.
9) Grandpa told lots of stories and jokes.
10)Then it was time for the birthday cake.
11)Next to the fruit bowl she put a vase of flowers and Grandpa’s birthday cake.
The ground is covered with fresh green grass and the first spring flowers.
Birds sing and build their nests. The air is fresh and the sun shines brightly.
The weather is warm and everything is full of life and joy.
Children like to play outdoors. Families go to the parks to have picnics.
In spring we can go to the country and have a walk in the woods or by the river.
We have a lot of holidays in spring: Women's Day, April Fool's Day, Easter, May Day, Mother's Day and Victory Day, That is why spring is my favourite season.
Summer is a beautiful season. Everything is green. You can see flowers everywhere. The sun shines brightly in the blue sky. The weather is fine.
don’t go to school in summer because they have summer holidays. They travel a lot. They visit different cities and countries and make new friends. Some children go to the sea or to the river with their parents. It’s a great pleasure to swim in a hot summer day. Ukraine
Children like to spend their time in camps. They have a lot of fun there.
Many children prefer to visit their grandparents in the country. They work in the gardens and look after farm animals. Summer is full of adventures! It is the best season of the year!
My name is … I am a pupil of the fourth form. I go to school number 13. My school is situated in the center of the town. It is not very big. More than 3 hundred pupils study in my school.
My teacher’s name is … She is very kind/strict/nice. Usually we have 5 lessons a day. We study Math, Ukrainian, Reading, English, Nature Study, Computer Studies, Music, Art, PT and Handicraft.
We have English 4 times a week. At our English lessons we speak English, read texts, do exercises, sing songs and play games. Sometimes we have tests and dictations.
There is a nice library and a big gym in my school. I think, it is the best school of our town.
In Ukraine and other countries Victory Day, or 9th May, is one of the greatest holidays of the year. It is a holiday of all people.
In all towns there are decorations and flags in the streets, in the shop windows and on large buildings.
On Victory Day morning there are meetings and demonstrations of the veterans.
On that day there is a military parade in all big cities of our country.
There are a lot of people in the streets and squares. They all celebrate the holiday. Many people go to see their friends or go for walks in the parks.
In the evening there is a holiday salute and a minute of silence to remember all those who did not come back from the war.